D-Link router and wifi extender devices, both are equally useful for the users and there are some common settings that you will need to make for these devices. When to setup dlink extender device, you may need to change the IP address for you dlink device.
In this article, we will explain simple steps for easily changing the IP address for dlink routers. Before you go for these settings, we will suggest you to make sure WiFi connections are working accurately for your home network. Ethernet cable connections are always best to use rather than connecting your WiFi extender device and computer using WiFi network.
Steps to Change the IP Address for D-Link Devices
- Because you are going to change the IP address for your device, you will need to access the settings page for your device.
- Connect your device with a computer system or laptop. Check for the right procedure here for changing the mode on dlink router.
- Open web browser at your computer device.
- In the address bar you will need to type http:// dlinkap.local web address.
- After that, at the login window, fill the login user name and password. Make sure that you can use correct login details for your device.
- Under the “Setup” you will need to click on “Network Settings”. These network settings will allow you to change the IP address for your dlink wifi extender device.
- In the router settings, you will need to fill the IP address as well as subnet mask for your device. This same IP address will be used to setup dlink extender in future also. You can use http:// 192.168.0.1 IP address at the same web browser.
- Once you change the IP address and subnet mask for your device, you are ready to save the settings for your device. You can click on “save” button and save all the configurations you have made till now.
These are the steps to change the IP address for your dlink wifi extender devices.