Netgear wifi router devices will give you high speed wifi connections for all wireless devices but for that you will need to make sure that you are updating your devices time to time. When you access Netgear wireless router login page from your computer device, you can make sure that you are updating your device time to time.
Firmware update, bandwidth controls update, admin login page update and many other updates are required for Netgear router devices. In this article, we are going to explain steps for updating firmware for Netgear router device. from other articles of our website you will get details on how you can update bandwidth controls and media priority settings for your Netgear devices. Check this blog to easily manage the ADSL settings for Netgear nighthawk router device
How to Update Firmware for Netgear Router Devices?
- Open web browser.
- Fill Netgear wireless router login address to the address bar. Either fill http:// routerlogin.net or http:// 192.168.0.1 IP address to your web browser.
- Fill Netgear router login user name and password.
- At the setup page from the Netgear router, click on “Advanced” button.
- After that click on “Administration” button.
- There you can click on “Settings” button and then select “Administration” button.
- Click on “Router Update” button.
- If a new firmware update is available then you can update firmware of your Netgear wifi router devices.
If any update is not available then you can wait for few days or months till new update is available. When you use Netgear Genie application for your Netgear router device settings, you will get notifications at your mobile when new firmware get issues from Netgear. Updating Netgear router firmware from Genie application is also very simple and same steps can be used that we have explained in above paragraph.